Theophile Alexandre Steinlen (1859–1923) was a Swiss-born French Art Nouveau painter and printmaker. He was best known for his paintings of Parisian life, particularly cats, as well as his illustrations for the magazine Le Rire. His works often featured a combination of Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles, and he was a major contributor to the development of modern poster art.
Choose your Steinlen Print
You can choose framing, stretching and size options on the next page
- A Couple Waiting for a Bus. from 'Autour Trottoir'
- The Demonstration
- The Great Pains (Les Grands Douleurs)
- Cuir Incisele Binding by Marius Michel for 'Le Vagabond' by Guy De Maupassant
- Le Journal, La Traite Des Blanches
- Lait Pur de la Vingeanne
- The Laundress, 1895
- Motocycles Comiot
- Le Petit Sou
- Pierrot and Cat
- Prochainement, Chat Noir (Coming Soon, The Black Cat Company)